Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Video: How to Use OneSearch
One Search makes it easy to find books, journal and magazine articles, eBooks, videos and streaming media from a single search box, with one list of results and options for refining them.
- Go to the Cuesta Library's OneSearch box on the Library Home Page or myCuesta (under Resources tab)
- Type in any keyword or phrase and choose the Search icon or Enter key on your keyboard
- For the broadest results, do not change the default search (Everything)
Tips for Using OneSearch
In a Basic Search you'll receive results that contain all of your search terms. These may match keywords in a title, author names, subjects, abstracts, or other descriptions.Use the Advanced Search to pre-limit your search to specific fields, material types, or publication dates.
- Refine your results using the Filters on the left side of the screen to limit to items available online or physically available in the library. You can also include or exclude particular material types, dates, authors, subjects, or library locations.
- Type an asterisk * as a wildcard in place of one or more characters. [Example: recycl* will find recycle and recycling]
- Search for phrases by enclosing your terms in quotation marks. This will only return results with an exact match. [Examples: "global warming", "Affordable Care Act", "mutual funds"]
- Separate terms with Boolean operators AND, OR, NOT. [Example: "World War II" AND battles NOT Pearl Harbor]
- Click here for a visual example of Boolean Operators
Need a Book from Another Library?
See how to order a book from a different Cuesta campus:
See how to order a book from a different library system: