Cuesta Library Search makes it easy to find books, journal and magazine articles, eBooks, videos and streaming media from a single search box, with one list of results and options for refining them.
- Go to the Cuesta Library Search box on the Library Home Page or myCuesta (under Resources tab)
- Type in any keyword or phrase and choose the Search icon or Enter key on your keyboard
- For best results, do not change the default Library that is checked (Libraries Worldwide)
Understanding Your Results
- Each reference on your results list includes the title, author, date, and type of source
- Items found through Cuesta come up before other items
Narrow Your Results
- Refine your search results by using the left panel
- Narrow by Peer Reviewed, Full Text, format, or year
- The first page of results may include eVideos that you can stream
- All results with an View Now button are available in full text
- These include full text articles, videos and eBooks.
For any reference that says Print book
- At the bottom of the entry, you get the location, call number, and availability of the print book in the Cuesta library system (SLO or NCC)
- Write down the call number to find it on the library shelves
For any reference that says Article
- Click on the View Full Text button
- Click on the Full Text button on the left-hand side of the screen if the full text article does not appear.