Cuesta Library Search makes it easy to find books, journal and magazine articles, eBooks, videos and streaming media from a single search box, with one list of results and options for refining them.
- Go to the Cuesta Library Search box on the Library Home Page or myCuesta (under Resources tab)
- Type in any keyword or phrase and choose the Search icon or Enter key on your keyboard
- For best results, do not change the default Library that is checked (Libraries Worldwide)
Understanding Your Results
- Each entry on your results list includes the title, author, date, and type of source
- Items found through Cuesta come up before other holdings
Narrowing Your Results
- The left panel allows you to refine and narrow your search results by content, format, year, etc.
- Use these options to find Peer Reviewed and Full Text content, and items in different formats
- Only the top 6 formats show
- Click on See All to find more specific types of content, such as eBooks, encyclopedia articles or dissertations.
- The first page of results may show some articles or eVideos which are part of the Cuesta streaming collection
- Note the View Now button at the bottom of the entry.
- All results with an View Now button are instantly available in full text from the Library’s online resources
- These include full text articles, videos and eBooks.
For any entry that says Print book
- At the bottom of the entry, you get the location, call number, and availability of the print book in the Cuesta library system (SLO or NCC)
- Write down the call number to retrieve it from the library shelves
For any entry that says Article
- Click on the View Full Text button
- It takes you to the full text article
- You may need to click on the Full Text button on the left-hand side of the screen if the full text article does not appear immediately